Student Climate Action Network
Join the Student Climate Action Network (SCAN)
The Student Climate Action Network (SCAN) is a space for like-minded high school students to meet together once a month in their local area to share ideas, learn from each other and collaborate on local climate action. Students are mentored and supported by AYCC youth volunteers, with SCAN sessions including guest speakers, skills and leadership training and opportunities to plan in-school sustainability campaigns.
SCAN is a space to learn change-making skills, troubleshoot with and learn from other high school students, and get inspiration to lead the Repower our Schools campaign in your school!
Through SCAN you can:
- Develop an understanding of climate change science and impacts, the role of young people in leading solutions, and how renewable energy is integral to achieving climate justice
- Develop student leadership and organising skills through in-school events and community engagement
- Build strong relationships with other high school students passionate about climate action
- Have the opportunity to meet with local political leaders to share stories of high school students leading climate action
- Help build momentum for renewable energy in your community and engage with key decision makers to secure support for schools to take climate action
Sign up below to join SCAN in your local area and find the next SCAN meeting in your state on the Switched on Schools Facebook page!